Before You Start an Exercise Program...

Be sure to get permission from your physician before beginning any exercise program. Always start out slow with beginner exercises, and work your way up to more advanced exercises. You must use proper form. If you're not sure if about your form, I suggest you engage the services of a qualified trainer to assist you.

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Could This Daily Activity Cause Breast Cancer?

The Case for a Possible Contributing Cause of Breast Cancer

I have to tell you, I get so saddened everytime I hear about someone I know getting breast cancer. Even when it's not someone I know, but when it's their friend or relative.

I'm simply reporting to you what I have found by doing my research. I will let you draw your own conclusions. But it appears to me that we do have 'smoke' here, and where there's smoke...

I"ve heard for years about the possible connections between 'aluminum' ingredients in our diets, as well as many of our cosmetic items. On a positive note, our bodies are supposedly very efficient at eliminating aluminum from our systems. So, that's a plus. But here's where it gets dicey...


                                 

Some interesting findings...

A recent study from Reading University on anti-perspirants containing aluminum chlorhydrate found cancerous tumors most likely to appear in the parts of the female breast which is closest to where antiperspirants are applied. (This in my opinion is 'red flag' number one).

In the same study, it was found that cysts in the armpit area of the breast had 25x more aluminum than the common amount found in the blood. (red flag number two). Furthermore, aluminum acts with an estrogenic effect on the body, known to increase the incidence of breast tumors when in excess. (that's 3 red flags).

The human body has several places on it where we purge toxins from. These are the armpits, behind the knees, behind the ears, the groin area to name a few. The toxins are purged through perspiration, so the term itself 'anti'perspirant in fact suggests it prevents this purging of toxins in that area.

It is of the opinion of several health practicioners that instead of being released, these toxins are instead deposited into the Lymph nodes below the arms, since the body can't sweat them out. A concentration of toxins then builds up which can lead to cell mutations, which is cancer.

Are women more at risk?

According to Dr. Kris McGrath, a Chicago allergist, the culprits are the 'aluminum' ingredients found in the antiperspirant products.  He says they don't normally penetrate the skin enough to cause a problem - unless the skin is shaven. Well, I don't know too many women who don't shave their underarms. If you don't, I mean no offense. But in our culture it's a common practice.

Dr. McGrath believes when the skin is shaven, it opens the door, because just under the skin is the lymphatic system which is connected to the breast.

I know what you're thinking, because I think the same way. We use these products so we don't all walk around smelling with huge wet stains under our arms. So, my question was...is there an underarm product that DOES NOT contain aluminum (or any other harmful suspect ingredients like parabens) that can at least keep us from emitting an offensive odor?

What I found...

After finding a few that definitely don't work, I have found a product called CRYSTAL. Maybe you've heard of it or seen it. It is now widely sold on shelves at Walgreens, Wal-Mart and Rite-Aid to name a few places. Instead of using these potentially harmful ingredients, they use natural salts as the main ingredient. (No parabens). The concept is that these natural mineral salts kill bacteria which can cause odor.

While these products may or may not keep you quite as dry, they might make a good alternative to using the more questionable products. They are sold as a deodorant, NOT an anti-perspirant.

I am including a link to the company's web page that has good info for you to review. (See link below) On their site, they even offer a money-saving coupon you can print to try their products.

Again, I only want to share this info and let you make the decision that is best for you and your family. I have no personal interest in this company whatsoever. I'm only your messenger and health 'watchguard.'

http://www.thecrystal.com/crystal_insights.cfm

I must tell you that I'm uncertain there is absolute 'proof' here, but I do want to share with you these findings. Who knows? What if you could totally prevent breast cancer, or put it off for 20 years or more?

If you know of a product/products that work for you, please let me know so we can get the word out. You can always reach my inbox at: mikemastro27@comcast.net

The more information I looked at, the more it made sense especially in the case of women. Until next time. Train hard and stay healthy!

Mike








No comments:

Post a Comment